What Does the Bible Say About the Holy Spirit?
From Scripture we learn that the Holy Spirit is God.There is only one Godand He is the third divine Person of the Trinity. He mourns, he knows he is eternal, he encourages, he gives understanding, he gives peace, he comforts, he guides and can be prayed to. He is God living in those who have accepted Christ as their Savior.
He will work in Christians unto death to conform them to the image of Christ. Rely on the Spirit daily. Listen to his beliefs, which is usually an uneasy feeling.
His beliefs will keep you from sinning and making bad choices in life. Let the Spirit guide and help you in your life.
Christian quotes about the Holy Spirit
“God speaks through various means. In the present, God speaks primarily through the Holy Spirit, the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the Church.” Heinrich Blackaby
"Souls are made sweet, not by taking out the sour liquids, but by putting something in - a great love, a new spirit - the Spirit of Christ." Henry Drummond
“Trying to do the work of the Lord in one's own strength is the most confusing, arduous, and tedious of all jobs. But when you're filled with the Holy Spirit, the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you.” Corrie ten Boom
"There is no better evangelist in the world than the Holy Spirit." Dwight L. Moody
“Many saints cannot distinguish inspiration from emotion. In fact, these two can be easily defined. Emotion always enters man from without, while inspiration arises with the Holy Spirit in man's mind.” Guardian Nee
“To be filled with spirit is to be ruled by spirit—intellect, emotions, will, and body. All are available to him to accomplish the purposes of God.” Ted Engstrom
“Without the Spirit of God we can do nothing. We are like ships without wind. We are useless.” Charles Spurgeon
“Let us give heartfelt thanks to God whenever we pray that we have His Spirit within us teaching us to pray. thanksgiving will draw our hearts to God and engage with Him; it will take our attention away from ourselves and give the Spirit room in our hearts.” Andreas Murray
“The work of the Spirit is to give life, to plant hope, to give liberty, to testify of Christ, to lead us into all truth, to teach us all things, to comfort believers, and to convict the world of sin . ” Dwight L. Moody
“The indwelling Spirit will teach him what is of God and what is not. So sometimes we can't find any logical reason to resist a particular teaching, and yet a resistance rises from the depths of our being.” Guardian Nee
“But do we have the power of the Holy Spirit—power to limit the devil's power, break down strongholds, and obtain promises? Daring delinquents will be damned if they are not delivered from the devil's dominion. What has hell to fear but a God-anointed, prayer-driven church?” Leonard Rabenhill
“People should seek with all their hearts to be filled with the Spirit of God. Without being filled with the Holy Spirit it is utterly impossible that an individual Christian or a church could ever live or work as God desires.” Andreas Murray
The Holy Spirit was involved in creation.
1 Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created heaven and earth. The earth was formless and empty, andcovered in darknessthe deep waters.And the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water.
receiving the Holy Spirit
The moment you trust in Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will receive the Holy Spirit.
2. 1 Corinthians 12:13For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one bodywhether we are Jews or Gentiles, whether we are slaves or free; andhave all been made to drink into one spirit.
3. Ephesians 1:13-14 When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and as you believed on Him you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of property, for the praise of his glory.
The Holy Spirit is our helper
4 John 14:15-17 If you love me, keep my commandments.I will ask the Father to give you another helper who is always with you. He is the spirit of truth, which the world cannot receive, because it neither sees nor recognizes him. But you recognize him because he lives with you and will be in you.
5 John 14:26 Butthe Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everythingand remember everything I told you.
6. Romans 8:26In the same way, the Spirit joins in to help in our weaknessess because we do not know what to pray for, as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with unspoken groans.
The Holy Spirit gives us wisdom
7. Jesaja 11:2 Andthe Spirit of the Lord will rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge, and the fear of the Lord.
The spirit is a great gift giver.
8. 1 Corinthians 12:1-11 As for spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant. You know that as unbelievers you were lured and misled into worshiping idols that could not even speak. For this reason I want you to be aware that no one speaking by God's Spirit can say, "Jesus is cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.Now, there are different gifts but the same Spirit, and there are different ministries but the same Lord. There are different outcomes, but it is the same God that produces all outcomes in everyone. Each person has been given the ability to manifest the spirit for the common good. One was given a message of wisdom by the Spirit; to another the ability to speak with knowledge according to the same spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit; in other gifts of healing by that one Spirit; to other miraculous results; to another prophecy; another the ability to distinguish between spirits; to others different kinds of languages; and on the other hand the interpretation of languages. But one and the same spirit produces all these results and gives each person what they want.
The Guidance of the Holy Spirit
9. Romans 8:14 ForAll who are led by God's Spirit are God's children.
10 Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
He lives in the believers.
11. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Do you not know that you are God's temple and thatGod's spirit lives in you? If someone destroys God's temple, God will destroy them. For God's temple is holy, and so are you.
12. 1 Corinthians 6:19 What? don't you know that your body is tthe temple of the Holy Spirit that is in you, which you have from God, and you are not your own?
Scriptures showing that the Holy Spirit is God.
13. Acts 5:3-5 Peter asked, “Ananias, why didSatan has filled your heart so that you should lie to the Holy Spiritand hold back some of the money you got for the land? As long as it remained unsold, wasn't it your own? And after the sale you didn't have the money? So how could you think of doing what you did?You have not only lied to people, but also to God!” When Ananias heard these words, he fell and died. And great fear seized everyone who heard about it.
14. 2 Corinthians 3:17-18 Wellthe lord is the spirit, andwhere the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. We all look upon the glory of the Lord with unveiled faces as in a mirror, and are transformed into the same image from glory to glory;this is from the Lord who is the Spirit. (Trinity in the Bible)
The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin
15 John 16:7-11 But indeed it is best for you if I go away, for if I do not, the Advocate will not come. If I leave, I'll send him to you.And when he comes, he will convict the world of their sin, of God's righteousness, and of the judgment to come.The sin of the world is that it refuses to believe in me. Justice is available because I am going to the Father and you will see me no more. Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged.
The Holy Spirit can be grieved.
16. Ephesians 4:30 anddo not grieve God's Holy Spirit. They were sealed by Him for the day of redemption.
17. Isaiah 63:10 “Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought them.”
The Holy Spirit gives spiritual enlightenment.
18. 1 Corinthians 2:7-13 No, the wisdom of which we speak is the mystery of God, his plan, which was previously hidden, though he created it for our highest glory before the world began. But the rulers of this world have not understood; if they had, they would not have crucified our glorious Lord. This is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." But God has put these things through us revealed his spirit.For his spirit explores everything and shows us God's deep mysteries. No one can know a person's mind except that person's own mind, and no one can know God's mind except God's own mind.And we received God's spirit (not the spirit of the world) so that we might know the wonderful things that God has freely given us. When we tell you these things, we do not use words derived from human wisdom.Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit and use the Spirit's words to explain spiritual truths.
The Holy Spirit loves us.
19. Romans 15:30 NowI beg you, brothersand sisters,through our Lord Jesus Christ and through the love of the Spiritto unite fervently for myself in prayer to God.
20. Romans 5:5 “And hope does not shame us, for God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. 6 You see, just in time, when we were powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.”
The third divine person of the Trinity.
21. Matthew 28:19 Therefore make disciples in the way of every nation, and baptize them in the name of theFather and Son and Holy Spirit.
22. 2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
The Spirit works in our lives to transform us into the image of the Son.
23. Galatians 5:22-23 Aberthe fruit of the spiritis love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.There is no law against such things.
The spirit is omnipresent.
24. Psalm 139:7-10Where can I escape from your ghost? Or where will I flee from your presence"When I ascend to heaven, you'll be there! When I lie down with the dead, you're there! As I take wings with the dawn and settle on the western horizon, your hand will lead me there too, while your right hand keeps a tight grip on me.
The man without spirit.
25. Romans 8:9 But you are not ruled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit when the Spirit of God lives in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ in them do not belong to Him at all.)
26. 1 Corinthians 2:14But people who are not spiritual cannot receive these truths from God's Spirit.It all sounds foolish to them and they cannot understand it because only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.
27. Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking,but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
28. Romans 8:11 “If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also quicken your mortal bodies by his spirit which dwells in you. "
The Holy Spirit gives us strength.
29.Acts 1:8 Butyou will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.And you will be my witnesses and tell people about me everywhere - in Jerusalem, in all Judea, in Samaria and to the ends of the earth.
30. Romans 15:13 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him to be overflowing with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Examples of the Holy Spirit in the Bible
31. Acts 10:38 “how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went about doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.”
32. 1 Corinthians 12:3 “Therefore I want you to know that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, 'Jesus be accursed', and no one can say, 'Jesus is Lord' except by the Holy Spirit ."
33. Numbers 27:18 “And the Lord said to Moses: “Take with you Joshua the son of Nun, a man in whom is the Spirit, and lay your hand on him.”
34. Judges 3:10 “The Spirit of the Lord came upon him, and he became Israel's judge. He went to war against King Kushan-rishathaim of Aram, and the Lord gave Othniel victory over him.”
35. Ezekiel 37:1 “The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD, and set me in the midst of a valley; it was full of bones.”
36. Psalm 143:9-10 “Deliver me from my enemies, Lord; I run to you to hide. 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit guide me on a firm footing.”
37. Isaiah 61:1 “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is upon me, for the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearts, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and deliverance to the captives from darkness.”
38. 1 Samuel 10:9-10 “When Saul turned to set out, God gave him a new heart, and all the signs of Samuel were fulfilled that day. 10 When Saul and his servant arrived in Gibeah, they saw a group of prophets coming towards them. Then the Spirit of God came mightily upon Saul, and he also began to prophesy.”
39. Acts 4:30 “Stretch out thy hand to heal and to work signs and wonders in the name of thy holy servant Jesus.” 31 After they had prayed, the place where they had met was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.”
40. Acts 13:2 “While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said: “Separate Barnabas and Saul for me. I want them to do the work I called them to do.”
41. Acts 10:19 “Meanwhile, as Peter was puzzling over the vision, the Holy Spirit said to him, “Three men have come to seek you.”
42. Judges 6:33-34 “Soon after this the armies of Midian, Amalek and the people of the east allied against Israel and crossed the Jordan and encamped in the valley of Jezreel. 34 Then the Spirit of the Lord clothed Gideon with power. He blew a ram's horn to call to arms, and the men of the Abiezer clan came to him."
43. Micah 3:8 "But I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, and with righteousness and power, to show Jacob his transgression, and Israel his sin."
44. Zechariah 4:6 “Then he said to me: “This is what the Lord said to Zerubbabel: It is not by might, nor by strength, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of heavenly hosts.”
45. 1 Chronicles 28:10-12 “Remember now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a house for sanctuary. Be strong and do the work.” 11 Then David gave his son Solomon the plans for the portico of the temple, its buildings, its storerooms, its upper parts, its inner chambers, and the Atonement Square. 12 He gave him the plans of all that the Spirit had laid in his mind for the courts of the Lord's temple and all the rooms around it, for the treasures of the temple of God, and for the treasures for the consecrated things.
46. Ezekiel 11:24 “After this the Spirit of God carried me back again to Babylonia, to the exiles there. And so ended the vision of my visit to Jerusalem.”
47. 2 Chronicles 24:20 “Then the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest. He stood before the people and said, "This is what God says: Why do you disregard the commandments of the Lord and prevent your prosperity? You forsaken the Lord and now He has forsaken you!”
48. Luke 4:1 “Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.”
49. Hebrews 9:8-9 “By these regulations the Holy Spirit revealed that the entrance to the Holy of Holies was not freely accessible while the Tabernacle and the system which it represented were still in use. 9 This is an illustration pointing to the present time. For the gifts and sacrifices that the priests offer cannot purify the consciences of the people who bring them.”
50. Acts 11:15 “As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as He came on us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized with water, but you are baptized with the Holy Spirit.'
- sinful thoughts
- Jesus against God
- Bible verses about Christianity
- Encouraging Bible Verses
- Is the Trinity in the Bible?
- Keep your faith as you grieve
- Bible verses about the father
- Be firm in your faith and trust your identity
- Bible verses for comfort
- 11 Important Bible Proofs of Salvation: (Bible Study)
What verses are about the Holy Spirit leading us? ›
First, John 16:13-15, where Jesus stated that the Holy Spirit, who was to come was to guide or lead the disciples into all truth and tell or reveal to them what was yet to come. Second, Rom. 8:14-16, which marks the sons of God as those who are led by the Spirit.What is the guidance of the Holy Spirit? ›
“[The Holy Ghost] is a revelator and teacher who conveys information to our spirits with far more certainty than is possible by our natural senses. He can guide us in every choice and decision and never will deceive or mislead us.What are the 7 functions of the Holy Spirit? ›
The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord. While some Christans accept these as a definitive list of specific attributes, others understand them merely as examples of the Holy Spirit's work through the faithful.What are the 7 promises of the Holy Spirit? ›
The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are an enumeration of seven spiritual gifts first found in the book of Isaiah, and much commented upon by patristic authors. They are: wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord.What are some Bible verses about the Holy Spirit? ›
- Matthew 3:11: The holy Ghost sanctifies us. ...
- John 3:5: We must receive the Holy Ghost to enter God's kingdom. ...
- John 14:26: The Holy Ghost can comfort us and teach us all things. ...
- John 15:26: The Holy Ghost testifies of Jesus Christ.
The Holy Spirit has been given to us so that we can know who God is and know how to follow Him. Often the Holy Spirit will speak to us in our minds by giving us a thought or an idea. Or He will lead us by making an impression upon our hearts to say something, do something, or think something according to God's will.How do you let the Holy Spirit guide you? ›
- “Seek heavenly guidance one day at a time. ...
- “Sincere desire and worthiness invite the spirit of revelation into our lives.”
- “(1) Sincerely desire to receive the Holy Ghost, (2) appropriately invite the Holy Ghost into our lives, and (3) faithfully obey God's commandments.”
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.How does the Holy Spirit guide us to make decisions? ›
We can allow the Holy Spirit to help us exercise our freedom of choice by using the spiritual practices of the study of scripture, personal prayer and meditation, listening to the counsel of our family of faith both past and present and our own reasoning abilities and experiences.What are the 3 symbols of the Holy Spirit? ›
The Holy Spirit is presented with some symbols in the Bible, which depict a reality of truth about the Holy Spirit and throw light on both his nature and mission. The symbols of the Holy Spirit are: Dove, Fire, Oil, Wind and Water.
What are the 3 titles of the Holy Spirit? ›
The Holy Spirit, who was the Spirit of the Lord that would rest on the messiah, is the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.What are the 3 forms of the Holy Spirit? ›
Three separate terms, namely Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth and Paraclete are used in the Johannine writings.What are the 12 gift of the Holy Spirit? ›
The tradition of the Church lists twelve of them: “charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, gentleness, faithfulness, modesty, self-control, chastity.”What are the 9 spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit? ›
- Word of wisdom.
- Word of knowledge.
- Gifts of healings.
- Distinguishing between spirits.
The apostle Paul referred to these characteristics as the fruit of the Spirit. “The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23, NLT).What verse is the power of the Holy Spirit living in you? ›
Philippians 2:13 says, God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. When we hear the phrase, “the power of the Holy Spirit,” many people think of miracles and intense emotions.What is Romans 8 26? ›
Romans 8:26 NIV
“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. ”
Acts 1:8 says, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” This power that comes from the Holy Spirit allows you to stand strong for the things of God.Does the Holy Spirit dwell in everyone? ›
Philippians 2: 13 says, "For God is . 1. For those people, yes, the Holy Spirit does dwell in them always.What is the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives today? ›
There are many ways that the Holy Spirit works in the lives of Christians, but they all share one common goal: to make us more like Jesus Christ. He works in believers by renewing our minds to be like the mind of Christ. He does this by convicting us of sin and leading us to repentance.
What is Galatians 5 16? ›
Galatians 5:16, NIV: So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. Galatians 5:16, ESV: But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. Galatians 5:16, KJV: This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.What is Psalm 32 8? ›
Psalm 32:8, ESV: I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Psalm 32:8, KJV: I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.What is the meaning of John 16 11? ›
John 16:8-11 (NIV)
In our verses for today, Jesus tells His guys upon his departure, the Holy Spirit will come down in full force – in vastly increased power – convicting and convincing the world of sin and righteousness and judgment.
John 14:16-17 ESV
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
Holy Spirit gives the power of discernment. Through the power of the Holy Ghost, Apostle Paul was able to cast out the spirit of the devil in a certain damsel who had the spirit of divination and brought gain to her boss through soothsaying.How does the Holy Spirit help with self control? ›
Though it is difficult to practice self-control, the Holy Spirit helps us have power over our sinful desires. With His help, we can act in love and have control over temptation and sin.How do you hear God's voice when making a decision? ›
- 3 Ways To Discern God's Voice when Making a Decision. July 20, 2018. ...
- Be Still. God often does not shout above the noise in our lives. ...
- Don't Listen to Fear and Guilt. How often do you act based on fear or guilt? ...
- Keep Moving.
- Breath of the Almighty.
- Power of the Highest.
- Spirit of Judgment.
- Spirit of Life.
- Spirit of Christ.
- and many more.
You can touch it. Not to mention see it, hear it, smell it, and taste it. The invisible realm of the spirit is as real as the visible world. In fact, the Scripture tells us that it is even more real (Hebrews 11:3).What is the Holy Spirit also called? ›
Holy Spirit, also called Paraclete or Holy Ghost, in Christian belief, the third person of the Trinity.
Who was the first person filled with the Holy Spirit in the Bible? ›
We learn about the first Spirit-filled man in the Bible in Exodus 35:31 - Bezalel who GOD filled with HIS SPIRIT (ruwach), understanding, wisdom and workmanship to work with his hands for God.What is wisdom 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit? ›
The Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit are Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Knowledge, Piety, and Fear of the Lord. They belong in their fullness to Christ, Son of David. They complete and perfect the virtues of those who receive them. They make the faithful docile in readily obeying divine inspirations. (How many holy spirits are there? ›
In the Christian Bible, the term Seven Spirits of God appears four times in the Book of Revelation.Who gives the Holy Spirit? ›
The Holy Spirit is in Scripture call'd the Gift of God, Joh. 4. 10. God is said to give Him; Joh.What are the gifts of the Holy Spirit 1 Corinthians 12? ›
The gifts mentioned in our current passage are wisdom, knowledge, faith, gifts of healings, working of miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, tongues, and interpretation of tongues.What are the 7 spiritual gifts in Romans 12? ›
The seven motivational gifts found in Romans 12—(a) perceiving, (b) serving, (c) teaching, (d) encouraging, (e) giving, (f) ruling, and (g) mercy—when viewed as a profile provide a base for person-job fit suitable for use with all people regardless of faith tradition.What are the 5 gifts from God? ›
- The gift of the Holy Spirit.
- The gift of faith.
- The gift of forgiveness.
- The gift of the church, and.
- The gift of heaven.
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.Where in the Bible does it talk about God leading us? ›
Psalm 37:23-24: “The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.”What is Romans 12 2? ›
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
What does the Bible say about how the Holy Spirit speaks to us? ›
The voice of the Spirit is described in the scriptures as being neither loud nor harsh, not a voice of thunder, neither a voice of great tumultuous noise, but rather as still and small, of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it can pierce even the very soul and cause the heart to burn.How do I allow the Holy Spirit to take control? ›
- “Seek heavenly guidance one day at a time. ...
- “Sincere desire and worthiness invite the spirit of revelation into our lives.”
- “(1) Sincerely desire to receive the Holy Ghost, (2) appropriately invite the Holy Ghost into our lives, and (3) faithfully obey God's commandments.”
The gifts of the Spirit are laid out in 1 Corinthians 12:8-11 and speak to things such as miraculous healing, wisdom, prophecy, speaking in tongues, and discernment. These gifts were manifested 2,000 years ago, but they can be alive and well in our own lives today!Does the Holy Spirit dwell in you? ›
The Holy Spirit Dwells Within Us. And we know that, by the . The Holy Spirit did not permanently dwell in them. The Spirit dwells in the church, teaches and guides Christians (John 14:26; 15:26; 16:13-14; Acts 5:32; Heb.What are the promises of God's guidance? ›
The God who has infinite wisdom, the God who knows all things from beginning to end, promises to be our personal counselor – to counsel us with his eye upon us. This is a promise – “I WILL instruct and teach you… I WILL counsel you.” And God will not take his eye off us for one second.Where in the Bible does it say God guides our steps? ›
Biblical Translations of Proverbs 16:9
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.
- 1 Timothy 6:17-19. I love that these verses teach us where to put our faith, value, & time. ...
- Job 8:7. ...
- Psalms 37:37. ...
- Proverbs 23:18. ...
- Proverbs 24:14, Proverbs 1:5, Proverbs 6:22, & Proverbs 11:3. ...
- Ecclesiastes 8:7. ...
- Exodus 15:13. ...
- Romans 8:38-39.
Ephesians 4:23, KJV: And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; Ephesians 4:23, NASB: and that you are to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, Ephesians 4:23, NLT: Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.What is Philippians 4 13? ›
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.What is Proverbs 23 7? ›
Proverbs 23:7, ESV: for he is like one who is inwardly calculating. “Eat and drink!” he says to you, but his heart is not with you. Proverbs 23:7, KJV: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
What are the 5 ways the Holy Spirit helps you to pray? ›
I think there are at least five ways of praying in the Spirit: 1) praying God's Word; 2) listening to God and praying; 3) partnering in prayer with Christ your Intercessor; 4) praying the God-given desires of your heart; 5) praying with divine love.How many times did the Holy Spirit speak in the Bible? ›
Pneuma appears 105 times in the four canonical gospels, 69 times in the Acts of the Apostles, 161 times in the Pauline epistles, and 50 times elsewhere.